I’m just back from an amazing conference in Vienna, Austria and can’t wait to share my experience with you all. I was really glad that my talk proposal on “Building your own Pokemon world in web based vitual reality” got selected for the conference and was really excited as this is going to my first talk at a European conference.
The conference turned out to be really Huge than expected with 3800+ Audience and 400+ specifically for my talk. I was really glad to meet a number of VR experts at the VR booths from many companies working on Innovative VR projects. I even tried out Holo-lens at the Microsoft booth ❤ and made a number of friends in the VR community. I never knew that the VR community is so huge in Europe. I loved the discussions on How the future of VR would be, especially about the negative/evil side, backdrops for VR Technology. I was really surprised when other speakers were using A-frame in their VR demos in the open hall discussions.
I had my talk on Day-1 and it was titled “Building your own Pokemon world in web based Virtual Reality” with a goal to make the audience understand that you don’t need to be a geeky developer to build your own VR experiences. Here goes my presentation link. (Video recording will be updated soon)
Questions I was asked after my talk:
- What type of 3D assets can we use in our A-frame Scene
- Is there any drag and drop toolkit to create VR experiences using A-frame.
Suggestions for the conference
- All though I was provided with travel instructions to reach the venue, It would have been really helpful if speakers are provided with travel-tips like what travel passes to buy, what are food options available, Weather in Vienna during conference.
- Providing enough plug points at the Speaker Hub.
- Creating a group chat or slack channel for speakers which would have helped me to find like minded speakers and prepare for interesting discussions.
- Decent updates and followups to the speakers( I never received an email of the schedule of my talk or insights/followup after the conference)
It was great to be a part of the conference, Talking and meeting VR enthusiasts, making a lot of like-minded new friends and Having lot of fun with tons of swag.
Glad to be a part of We are developers Conference and Thank you WAD for the invitation, Looking forward to see you next year.